At a Glance
How likely will Rep. Smith vote with Republicans?
How often is Rep. Smith present to vote?
present to vote
- Born in Rahway, Union County, N.J., March 4, 1953
- Graduated from St. Mary’
- S High School, Perth Amboy, N.J., 1971
- B.S., Trenton State College, Ewing, N.J., 1975
- Attended Worcester College, Worcester, England, 1974
- Businessman, family sporting goods company
- Legislative agent for New Jersey state legislature, 1979
- Unsuccessful candidate for election to the Ninety-sixth Congress in 1978
- Elected as a Republican to the Ninety-seventh and to the sixteen succeeding Congresses (January 3, 1981-present)
- Chair, Committee on Veterans Affairs (One Hundred Seventh through One Hundred Eighth Congresses).
In the News
July 30, 2014July 30, 2014July 19, 2014July 31, 2014July 30, 2014July 31, 2014July 31, 2014